Bamboozled By Smurf’s Village

Twenty-two inches of crystal white frustration during the 2011 Chicago Blizzard could not deter me from reading about the Smurf’s Village app, and the power-house money maker it had become. As I read more information concerning the app, I quickly understand the app is free to download but purchases made within the game itself cost genuine money. I cannot tell a lie and after reading this I had a good laugh and thought to myself, “Genius!”

Fast forward two months later to the last week of March 2011. Just as I begin every morning by checking my e-mail this day was no different until I viewed my iTunes store receipt. $111.54! I know I download many apps every month but seeing this amount shocked me like a lightning bolt hitting me dead-center on the top of my head and burning off the six hairs I have left.

After the fuzziness cleared and my vision was restored, I picked my jaw up from the ground and quickly opened my iPad. Turns out the Smurf’s Village app was installed on my iPad, but how? I know I did not install it. After vigorously questioning a few people the culprit was my seven-year old niece, whom I had given my password. in view of the fact that I gave her my password, I can only be mad at myself and chalk this experience up as a lesson learned, and offer my advice to others.

My advice to mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, and anyone who is lucky enough to have the presence of children around him or her at some time is to monitor your apps. If you find this to be too stressful or time-consuming as I did, put the device(s) in a bulletproof, fire retardant, and water resistant safe, and tell no child the code! No matter how adorable they are!

Now if you are still inquisitive about the finer details of the deceiving Smurf’s Village app view the video below. Viewing the video is a lot cheaper than playing the game!






What else is there to say but goodnight and goodnight to you Mrs. Amore, wherever you may be.

No comments :

Post a Comment