To Love Or Not To Love?

True love has apparently died in todays world and unlike Jesus some believe it may not rise again. Personally I believe in true love and soul mates. William Shakespeare once wrote, "They do not love that do not show their love. The course of true love never did run smooth. Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love." How right Mr. Shakespeare was.

Tonight I was out with two of my favorite lady friends and one of our many topics of conversation included how our parents have been pressuring us to marry and have children. Hearing their stories and being able to relate because of my own experiences made even more apparent to me the way love has evolved. A great deal of this has to do with the way men express their feelings. Over the past 60 years (and longer) men are more reluctant to be open about love. Most likely because the current social culture tends to frown upon this and men are perceived as not being "manly." I use to be in this social group. For years I would never express my feelings and I would ridicule my friends if they did. Looking back, oh how wrong I was! My idols, which most of are thought to be great human beings, expressed their love for women and were cheered for it. Now I can't blame just men for evolving "love" women have had some say in this as well.


I believe we are in the age of the woman and I have no problem with this. Like men, women over the past 60 years (and longer) have really evolved. 57% of all college students are now women and today more than ever women have careers, and I applaud them for this! However, I think with women in school and quickly thereafter focused on their careers that they are not ready for love until later in their lives. Now maybe when they are ready to date they are past the age where men and women will do crazy, romantic, spontaneous, lovey-dovey type things. I realize movies tend to show things in a different perspective but I don't see men writing songs and serenading the women they love. Something as simple as hand written love letters currently tend to be lost memories.


So I ask you this: To love or not to love? I say, somehow someway she'll look my way and our eyes will meet in a lover's glance and love will once again rise.


What else is there to say but goodnight and goodnight to you Mrs. Amore, wherever you may be.

Here's a great example. Elvis Presley asks his current gf to stand up so that he can sing to her:








No comments :

Post a Comment