Tommy Lasorda

A few days ago Tommy Lasorda posted a letter on his blog that he wrote to god on April 14, 2010.  I would like to share this letter with you because Mr. Lasorda is an inspiration to husbands and men everywhere, and we could all learn a thing or two from him. 

Today my wife Jo, and I, celebrate our 61st anniversary. I wrote this letter to God on our anniversary last year, but I feel as strongly today as I did when I wrote it:


April 14, 2010

Dear God,

I thank you every day for blessing me with my beautiful wife, Jo. Today we celebrate our 60th anniversary, as we were married under your eyes on April 14, 1950. If I could have written down on a piece of paper what I wanted in a wife, you couldn’t have given me anyone finer thanJo.

The love I have forJo, I learned from loving you. Just as you have filled my life with light, and my heart with love, I hope I have passed that overflowing feeling to her. With all my heart, I made a commitment to her, to be a loving husband and a dedicated father, and I lived my life to fulfill that commitment.

Together we started a life built on the hope of a prayer. They all said it would never work, an Italian Catholic from the north and a Southern Baptist.

Together we built a family, and looking in the eyes of our children we realized the meaning of your love and the significance of life’s purpose.

Together we danced the dance of life, and through the good times and the bad, I am so thankful thatJocarried me with her grace and her faith. Where there was darkness she gave me light. Where there was despair she gave me hope. Where there was doubt she gave me faith. It’s your love that I want, but it’s hers that I need.

I love her with all my heart, and I will be forever grateful for the precious gift you gave to me. These 60 years withJohave been breathtaking, and I ask you for another 60 years together.
Sincerely,

TomLasorda

Mr. Lasorda, I wish you and your wife at least 60 more wonderful years together!


What else is there to say but goodnight and goodnight to you Mrs. Amore, wherever you may be.

No comments :

Post a Comment