Stop And Smell The Roses

With the exuberant feelings of warm temperatures and serene skies from the approaching Spring season, and as I inch ever so close to my 30th birthday I'm beginning to wonder if I and others take enough time to rejoice in the natural and man made wonders of the Earth? I do not necessarily mean taking multiple vacations where one minute you are drinking a ice cold Modelo in sunny, non humid, 88 degree weather in front of a calm, crystal blue, cool breeze blowing ocean, or the next minute where you are drinking Dom Pérignon 53 chilled perfectly below the temperature of 38 Degrees Fahrenheit. Rather, I mean simply just stepping outside your door and going for a walk, a run, or a bike ride (my serenity other than writing) and stopping to smell the roses.

This year I plan on enjoying those roses and adding a few of my own to the wonder of the world by cultivating my own garden. Since I have never attempted anything like this before, I plan on starting out small and maybe have a few tomatoes, some lettuce, a little basil, and a couple or three (my personal homage to Mr. Frank Vincent) onion chives. I figure this should be a good start on the right path to one day enjoying my own home grown salad. So wish me luck! I also would like to extend a bit of luck your way with whatever your positive endeavor might be and I hope that you too may enjoy the beauty of Earth.

 
Winter Light - Northwest from edvard brun on Vimeo.




What else is there to say but goodnight and goodnight to you Mrs. Amore, wherever you may be.

No comments :

Post a Comment